Light Bulb cameras are a perfect way to covertly keep surveillance at your home. The best part is, they won’t cost you an arm and a leg either. But connecting can be a little tricky. Read on to know how you can connect a light bulb camera.
Here, you can check first the best light bulb camera guide.
How to Prepare
- Get yourself a light bulb camera that fits in the socket that you want to install it in. The bulbs can be of different sizes and constructions. It’s vital to match and then buy.
- Ensure that the place you select as the location of the light bulb receives WIFI signals at all times.
- Ensure that you test the efficacy of the light bulb camera before bringing it home. Try to connect it with the local WIFI of the store and see if it actively receives signals or not.
- Make sure that you choose a spot to install the bulb that can view the entire expanse of the room. Our primary purpose here is surveillance.
- Insert the memory card that you receive with the light bulb. This is where all the recordings will be stored. You can find the inlet for the card on the bulb itself.
How to Install a Light Bulb Camera
The standard procedure for installing a light bulb camera is pretty much the same as the regular one. But you’ll also need to connect it to the wifi. Here is the step-by-step guide on how you can do both.
Step 1: Turn off the socket that you want to install your light bulb camera in. If you don’t already have a bulb holder installed, make sure to establish an electric connection with a suitable holder. Ensure that no current is passing through the socket while you’re doing this to avoid any accidents. (1)
Step 2: Once you’re done connecting the holder with the power, you can begin installing the camera. Place the light bulb camera on the holder, apply a little pressure, and rotate clockwise. Give it a nudge once you’re done to ensure that it has been properly placed.
Step 3: Turn the socket’s power on and see if the bulb is working. Focus on the inner frame of the bulb and see if you spot a red or blue LED blinking within it. This would indicate whether the camera is operational or not. If your camera has a voice prompt, you’ll be informed if the connection has been established through the voice feature.
Step 4: Now we need to link it to the WIFI. To connect it to the WIFI, fire up the connectivity tab from the settings of your phone or laptop. Scan new devices. Connect the system to the light bulb camera. Keep in mind that the steps for connecting to the wifi can differ from model to model, but a standard light bulb camera connects pretty much in the way that we mentioned. However, in case if the connection for your bulb is set up via a professional app created by the developer of the product, we suggest you register yourself on the app and then link the camera with your phone. (2)
Voila! You’re all set!
Before we end, here are other guides that might help you. One is can you hide a camera in a light bulb, and the other one is how can you tell if a light bulb has a hidden camera. Until next time!
(1) socket – https://www.grainger.com/know-how/equipment-information/kh-types-of-sockets
(2) app – https://techterms.com/definition/application
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?