Sometimes, people may feel a little insecure because there are small devices that may be listening to conversations. A radio frequency detector or a bug detector may be the most appropriate. Such a detector lets you know where there is a small device.
These small devices are often hidden in partitions or corners as they are very compact or inconspicuous. Below, we can provide the necessary procedure to be able to make an efficient bug detector.
Materials and Procedure
Nowadays, there are of course bug detectors that are very efficient and somewhat costly. Anyway, it is possible to avoid buying one of these devices, as you will have the possibility to create your own. To carry out this procedure you will need the following materials:
- BNC connector
- 41 AWG enameled copper wire
- Wire stripper
- Brass tube
- Cotton swabs
1. In principle, you should have all the necessary materials to be able to make this device on the table. In this way, you will be able to work more efficiently. When you have all the materials on the table, you do not waste time looking for any missing material.
2. It is necessary to take the 41 AWG enameled copper wire and remove each of the ends. To do this you should use a wire stripper with some caution and gentleness. Here it is not necessary to use too much force as this could make excessive work. So, the goal is to visualize that the two wires are exposed on both sides. (1)
3. Once you get the two exposed efficiently from the wire you need to make a 19 turn coil. This should be done with the 41 AWG wire around the end of the stick. It is necessary to use the first end of the copper wire to obtain a much better result.
4. Once you have gotten to this step you need to apply some glue. Specifically, this glue should be incorporated into the end of the coil. Along with that, you will need to do a good job so that the glue can stay in place.
Once you have gotten to this point you will need to work with the second end of the stripped wire. The second end of the wire should pass through the brass tube. Here there should be a diameter of approximately 0.090 inches. Once you have accomplished this you then need to strip another wire with a diameter of 0.5 inches.
Using the wire stripper you will be able to start from the end of the tube. Performing these steps may require some patience on your part. However, it is preferable to take enough time to do a good job.
5. Here you need to connect the 41 AWG copper to the BNC connector. Specifically, you may have two small wires from the bare wire. The first wire should be soldered on the contact of the BNC connector with the “+” symbol. Next to that, the second wire should also be soldered specifically on the “-” symbol of the BNC connector. (2)
6. Here you should use epoxy to attach the BNC connector to the brass tube. Once you have returned from the connection you will need to wait for this to stick so that it is firm and secure. You should also apply glue using a cotton swab. Once the cotton swab has enough glue on it you should apply this to the outside of the wire wrapped around the stick.
7. To continue you will need to place the toothpick into the brass tube. You also need to push the glued wires together to make the connection to each side of the brass tube. After applying the glue, you will need to wait for all these parts to dry completely. Once you have waited long enough for the glue to dry there are not many steps left to do.
8. Once you have waited long enough you should screw the BNC connector to the female part of the RF voltmeter. Once you have done this you could turn on the voltmeter to be able to check the operation of the device you have managed to create.
9. Here it is necessary to move the brass tube to check if this device you have created works. To correctly detect a frequency of a bug or any electronic listening device, you must detect an increase in the data displayed by the RF voltmeter. This is the same thing that you will be able to detect if there is a bugging device in your home.
10. If you have successfully verified that your device is working properly you will have what you need to detect any bugs in your home. You will not only have the necessary tool but also the most appropriate technique to detect all kinds of spying objects in your home.
This same tool can also be very useful when it comes to detecting any other device in an office or other places. Anyway here the important thing is that you will feel much safer and your privacy will be better protected.
In recent times, all the spy objects that allow knowing private information about people have become very popular. With a few objects, you will have the possibility to create the necessary tool to detect all these bugs.
This will be more than enough when it comes to keeping your privacy fully protected from any intruder. It is worth the effort to create this tool. Some of you may wonder if an app can be used for detecting these devices? Then, this learning guide might give you an answer, check: Do bug detector apps work? I hope this helps you, until next time!
(1) AWG – https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/American-Wire-Gauge
(2) BNC connector – https://www.techopedia.com/definition/727/bayonet-neill-concelman-connector-bncconnector
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?